Menopause is a natural biological process that every woman undergoes after a certain age. Typically, this process begins when women near their 40s and is accompanied by a variety of symptoms. Physical symptoms such as hot flashes brought on by hormonal changes are quite common and can cause a lot of disruption to sleep. Additionally, women undergoing menopause may experience lower energy or mood swings. Dr. Turner is an obstetrician-gynecologist that has been helping women manage their menopausal symptoms for 40 years. If you are struggling with your menopausal symptoms, Dr. Turner is here to provide you with the care and attention you deserve.
Why Does Menopause Occur?
Menopause marks the end of your menstrual cycles and typically occurs around age 50. However, some women may experience menopause earlier or later. In some cases, symptoms may not appear until a woman is in her 60s. A common way to notice the onset of this issue is going 12 months without a menstrual period. Other symptoms include chills, night sweats, mood swings, thinning hair, and vaginal dryness. Typically, skipping periods during premenopause is common with menstrual periods skipping a month and returning, or skipping several months at a time. Despite this irregularity, pregnancy is still possible during premenopause and should be taken into account.
Treatment Options Offered
The goal of Turner Medical Arts is to provide women everywhere with the treatments they need to help them feel happy and healthy again. Menopause is a complicated condition and requires a lot of attentive care. As such, we are happy to offer a variety of treatment options to address your symptoms. If you are interested in any of our services, we encourage you to call us and make an appointment to learn more.
Our treatments include:
- Hormone Replacement Therapy – Estrogen regulation through hormone replacement therapy has been shown to be the most effective treatment option for relieving menopausal hot flashes.
- Viveve Female Rejuvenation – This treatment provides functional menopause relief by remodeling tissue in addition to enhancing the firmness of the vaginal wall.
- GYN Surgery – We provide a number of surgical options for tackling vaginal issues and restoring both function and sensation.
- Labiaplasty – This procedure can adjust the length of both labia to improve sensation lost after menopause.
- Vaginal Reconstruction – This procedure can reduce the appearance of excess perineum tissue and tighten the vaginal opening, providing greater control.
Menopause Management in Santa Barbara, California
Living with menopause can be arduous in some cases. Hot flashes, vaginal dryness, and mood swings can take their toll if left untreated. Turner Medical Arts is here to cater to your needs and provide you with the relief you seek. To learn more about our services, please request an appointment by calling (805) 962-1957 or filling out the form below.