Skin laxity, or loose skin, is, unfortunately, a normal consequence of aging. As we get older, our skin loses collagen and elastin content, leading to increased laxity in the face and several other regions of the body. While living an active lifestyle can definitely help us retain some control over our health, it sadly does little in the way of keeping our skin tight. Luckily, addressing loose skin doesn’t always involve complicated treatments. There are a number of tightening options available and Turner Medical Arts is happy to provide you with a selection of them.
Problems With Skin Laxity?
Skin laxity begins to develop after age 30 or following rapid weight loss. As the vital proteins we produce decline in quantity, our skin’s elasticity declines along with them. The resulting facial volume changes combine with the disappearance of fat in our cheeks and make our faces appear more gaunt. While facial skin laxity may start out slow, the presence of loose skin becomes more and more noticeable over time as collagen loss accelerates. This can be terribly detrimental to one’s self-esteem, especially to those that try their best to look their best.
Loose Skin Treatment Options
At Turner Medical Arts, our dedicated staff is proud to provide a wide range of treatment options for dealing with skin laxity. These treatments range from surgical to non-invasive and are all designed to deliver optimal results. When you come in for a consultation, we will discuss the right treatment for your particular needs and skin type.
Our treatments include:
- BOTOX Cosmetic – BOTOX injections are made to temporarily neutralize muscle movement in targeted areas in the face, preventing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles and facilitation skin tightness. We also provide Dysport and Xeomin.
- Dermal Fillers – Juvéderm and Restylane injections can improve facial volume fullness, thereby reducing the appearance of skin laxity.
- Skin Care Products – Our skin care product options include creams, serums, and lotions formulated to improve the appearance of your skin by providing anti-aging benefits.
- Eyelid Surgery – This surgical procedure can reduce eyelid drooping, improving visibility and helping you appear younger.
- Neck Lift Surgery – This surgery can reduce skin laxity in the neck region and boost overall skin tightness.
- Facelift – A classic surgical procedure, facelifts provide overall facial tightness and reduce signs of aging.
Skin Laxity Treatments in Santa Barbara, California
Loose skin can make us appear much older than we actually feel. If you’re ready to look younger, we encourage you to take advantage of our treatment selection. To learn more about our skin tightening solutions, request an appointment by calling (805) 962-1957 or submitting your information via the form below.