Acne scars can be unpleasant to look at and tend to make us feel terribly self-conscious. The appearance of frequent breakouts isn’t always due to our skin either. Certain climates have the effect of increasing sweating and exposing us to irritants that exacerbate acne. In most cases, relocating is out of the question. Therefore, finding a great treatment becomes essential to feeling beautiful again. Turner Medical Arts provides a range of effective treatment options for acne scarring. Our treatments are fast, potent, and long-lasting.
How Do Acne Scars Form?
Acne scars form as a result of acne that heals following a buildup of bacteria in our pores. Some people have worse acne than others due to hormonal and environmental issues. Just about everyone has had an occasional zit, but there are some of us who struggle with extreme flare-ups. Those in the latter category know that extreme flare-ups often lead to long-lasting scars. Acne scars form when our bodies rapidly release collagen to counteract bacterial damage. As a result of this rapid collagen release, our skin becomes thicker and less flexible. Some scars rise while others stay flat and jagged, leading to an unsightly, bumpy texture.
Acne Scar Treatment Options
Turner Medical Arts is committed to the health and beauty of the Santa Barbara, California community. As such, we are happy to provide a range of treatment options designed to address acne and scarring. These treatments offer excellent long-lasting results with little to no downtime. All of our procedures are conducted after an in-depth consultation to determine the best treatment plan for you.
- Potenza™ RF Microneedling – This radiofrequency microneedling device is designed to produce more collagen and elastin in the skin, helping to reduce superficial scarring.
- Morpheus8 – Similar to Potenza™, this treatment combines RF technology with microneedling. The needles of this device penetrate the skin to stimulate new collagen production.
- COLLAGENIZER® Skin Rejuvenation – This multi-step treatment includes deep-cleaning, microdermabrasion, collagen mask application, and more.
- Facials & Peels – Chemical peels are specialty skin care treatments designed to reduce acne scars through the application of mild acids.
- Perfect Derma Peel – This powerful treatment features a blend of rich ingredients brought together to dramatically improve your complexion.
- Skin Care Products – Our comprehensive skin care product selection can effectively reduce acne scars, hyperpigmentation, and other skin concerns.
- Skin Therapy – This revolutionary skin rejuvenation option is designed to use your own growth factors to increase facial volume, diminish acne scars, and improve pigmentation.
Treating Acne Scars in Santa Barbara, California
Acne scars can seriously reduce our confidence. If you are struggling with frequent breakouts, scars, and other skin issues, we welcome you to try our aesthetic skin care treatment options. Make an appointment at our Santa Barbara center today by calling (805) 962-1957 or submitting your information via the form below. We look forward to meeting you!